Conferences, keynote-addresses and invited lectures
- Speaker at the Conference of the European Society of Prevention Research: "Drug Treatment for Young People in a Coercive Context: A Paradoxical Choice" (23.-26 Oct. 2018; Lisbon, Portugal).
- Speaker at the General Assembly Meeting of the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research: "Prevention Approaches in Social Service Provision - The Case of Young Drug Users" (16.-17. Oct. 2018; UNODC Vienna, Austria).
- Speaker at the Annual Conference of the European Society of Criminology: "The EPPIC Project - Exchanging Prevention Practices on Polydrug Use among Youth in Criminal Justice Systems" (30. Aug. 2018; Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegowina)
- Keynote-speaker at the 1st Academic Conference on Urban Security and Urban Development: "The Ladder of Abstraction in Urban Security: towards a Sociology of Criminogenic Places" (21. June 2017, Belgrade, Serbia)
- Speaker at the Final Conference of the COST-Action TU1203 on “Crime Prevention by Urban Design and Planning” in Athens (24.-25. Nov. 2016)
- Speaker at the ISA-Forum (International Sociological Association) in the Woking Group on "Deviance and Social Control" (10.-14. July 2016, Vienna, Austria)
Lecturer at the Joint-Summerschool of two EU-COST Actions: "Urban Gardening" and "Crime Prevention through Urban Planning and Design" (7.-10. July 2015; Warsaw, PL)
Coordinator, moderator and speaker at the EU-COST-Action meeting: Panel on "Theories of Urban Criminology". (23.-25. February 2015; Brussels COST Offices).
Regular paper presentations at annual conferences of the European Society of Criminology from 2006 – 2015 (Tübingen, Bologna, Edinburgh, Ljubljana, Liege, Vilnius, Porto)
Speaker at the Police Headquarter Berlin (Landeskriminalamt Berlin) in the lecture-series on "Crime Prevention by Urban Planning". (22nd January 2014, Berlin, Germany)
Speaker at the 13. Conference of the Institute for Technology Assessment (ITA) at the Austrian Academy of Sciences (3. June 2013, Vienna)
Speaker at the Symposium 2012 of the Landeskriminalamt Niedersachsen (GER): "Kein Raum für Straftäter". Presentation of the final results of the EU-project "PLuS - Planning Urban Security" (30.-31. May 2012 Hannover).
- Invited speaker at the Annual General Meeting of Austrian Shopping Centre Association (3. May 2012, Graz)
- Invited speaker at the Annual Security Conference at Danube University (27. Oct. 2011, Krems)
- Invited speaker at the Annual Security Conference at Danube University (28. Oct. 2010, Krems)
- Invited speaker at the “17. Symposium Sicherheit”, organised by S.OM Sparkassen Real Estate Management (Erste Bank) (13.-15. Oct. 2010, Vienna).
- Invited speaker at the Annual Meeting of the Academic Council of the United Nations Systems (ACUNS): New Security Challenges (3.-5. June 2010, Vienna).
- Invited speaker at the ”5th Forum Building Science” at the Department of Building and Environment, Danube University Krems (4. May 2010).
- Invited guest-speaker at the Centre for Criminal Justice Studies, University of Leeds
- Invitation as discussant at the final project workshop: Sicherheit und Integration im Sozialraum. University of Cologne (15.-16. Feb. 2009, Cologne)
- Invited guest speaker at CEPS-seminar (Centre of Excellence for Policing and Society) at Griffith University Brisbane, Australia. (14. May 2009)
- Invited guest speaker at the ICA Regional CPTED Forum in Ipswich, Australia. (12.-13. May 2009)
- 5th CEPOL Conference on Police Science and Research, Deutsche Hochschule der Polizei Münster (12.-14. Sept. 2007; Münster, Germany).
- Key-note speaker at the Symposium: “Die Sichere Stadt als Interdisziplinäre Aufgabe”; Landespräventionsrat Niedersachsen. (13.-14. Dec. 2006; Lingen / Ems, Germany).
- EU-Project Conference (AGIS): Crime Opportunity Profiling of Streets (COPS). (30. Sept. 2005, London).
- Assistant to the co-ordinator of the CEPOL European Police Science and Research Conference 2004. (9.–12. Nov. 2004; Prague, Czech Republic). Chair and presentation of conclusions.
Austria +43(0)664 9200589 firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;